A life without meetings. Realistic? No, but what about a life without unnecessary or drawn out meetings?
Imagine, if you will, a meeting where people are struggling to stay awake. They are there in person, but not in spirit. This is the opposite of employee engagement. For many of you, it won’t be hard to imagine this meeting because you are about to go into it.
Let’s reclaim the precious time.
As part of the VINJONES Discussions, use this video at the start of your meeting to discuss – oddly enough – the validity of not only that meeting, but all other meetings.
- Are they necessary?
- What can make them more effective?
- What is the purpose of that meeting next Tuesday?
- Can the goal be accomplished in another way?
- What meetings could we do without?
- Which meeting is no longer relevant?
- If you feel you are going to go into one of “those” meetings that will waste your time, do you have the power to skip it without retribution?
All you need to do is show this video at the beginning of your meeting and start the discussion. Give a chance for your team to open up and be honest. You will be amazed at what they come up with.