These are your top 10 thoughts you will have about your career in the new year
10. When the alarm goes off you will moan, because you will still dread or only tolerate your job, with little or no hope in doing what you love.
9. You will remember that thing you love to do and start to get excited about it.
8. You will think about it all day and all night – and even during your regular job. You will watch videos and read books about it. You might even start a blog on the subject.
7. You will start making plans on how to make it your real job and you will tell your loved ones that you are going to dive in.
6. Dive in you do, but…. work will get really busy and you won’t get very far.
5. Your energy will fade for that thing you love, you will forget to write your blog posts, and you will realize that you must focus on what brings in the money.
4. The alarm will yet again go off. This time you will not only hear yourself moan, but you will more deeply feel it because you already tried, but failed.
3. You will resign yourself to the fact that you will be doing the same job 10 years from now and there is little hope of changing.
2. You accept it, and move on.
1. Then, one day, something will click and you will know that nothing is going to stop you from doing that thing you love. It may take time, but living in a job you only tolerate will no longer an option. The passion you will have for that thing you love will overpower any roadblock you come up against and next year’s prediction will be completely different.